Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bright Side: Why have a six pack when you can have a keg?

We've all heard the saying "more is more" -- music to a GHF girl's ears. Since the GHF world is all about more and not less, full and not empty, a GHF girl can never have enough.

Take shoes for example -- really -- "too many shoes" -- no such thing. Too much fun, too much money, too many friends -- you get the point.

When driving home from work yesterday, I was annoyed, tired, and hungry. Stuck in traffic as usual, I was losing interest in my standard book-on-cd. My mind starting wandering to the things that waited for me at home -- laundry, cleaning -- and yes, the one that makes it all worth it, the hubs :). Snapping out of my momentary GHE mood, a license plate frame caught my eye.

"Why have a six pack when you can have a keg?". So true in so many ways. Besides the obvious -- it's more fun (and tasty) to have a gut than to kill yourself at the gym OR beer is good and becomes even better in large and share-able quantities -- this quote is the essence of the GHF v. GHE debate.

Why limit yourself? Why look at the world for what's not there? You may not be as thin, as rich, or as perfect as you'd like. I say -- so what? Grab a red plastic cup, put your dancing shoes on, and join the big frat party called life.

When the party ends and you meet your maker, doubtful God will be asking how you looked in your bikini or how much you could bench press. I would venture to say that God could care less if they are Manolos or Chuck Taylors (even though I wear high heels in my sleep). God will care however if you had more -- more compassion, more love, and more concern for others.

"Why have a six pack when you can have a keg?" -- why settle for less when the world is out there, waiting for you, wanting you to join in the fun? So grab a Sharpie, write your name on that cup, and drink it in.

No comments: