Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The End of Apathy

It is really hard to put into words how amazing this Election night has been -- I am sure it will sink in as time goes on. I have been in awe over the last few weeks -- and I am even more so tonight. This is a historic and exciting night -- which will mark the beginning of a time of hope and unity in our country. I believe in this, I hoped for it, and it is here.

What I have enjoyed "watching" over the last few weeks is that people are talking, that people actually care about our country -- and I believe this election shows that we have hope and that we want change. The era of "business as usual" is over.

We need not only a new president, but an actual leader -- someone who inspires, who motivates, who encourages us to use our voices. I believe this is why Obama speaks to so many people and why so many people are thrilled to support him and what he stands for.

In this hard economic time, we can not "afford" apathy -- we have to care, we need to be involved, and we need to come together to make this country what we want it to be.

Gotta go watch the speech --- peace, love, and no more apathy! Here's to hope -- yes we can!

1 comment:

Breezy said...

Forget the Ellen Show, we should go on O'Reily or Keith Olbermann :)