Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Deep Fried Tater Tots

Breezy is back in action and here I am as well -- she has a knack for kicking my booty into gear.

I could not be happier for the mom and dad to be....I have "named" the baby Six as it will be the 6th grandchild on her side. I can't wait to paint Six's nails and dress her up like a little doll :)....or play catch with him....whatever Six turns out to be, I will be thrilled!

So, life is more than half full for both of us these days, thus the infrequent blogging. I had an amazing day off today....workout, Starbucks, mani/pedi, general lolly-gagging, and a trip to the grocery store.

I bought my man some beautiful daffodils -- cheap, cheerful and a ray of sunshine -- and I decided to walk through the store to find something I could make for dinner. I said to myself....what are you craving? The answer, my friends....Tater Tots.

Known as "gems" in the Midwest (a long funny story behind that one, folks) -- they are warm, crunchy pieces of carb heaven. Not quite a balanced meal, but oh well -- life is too short.

I just took them out of the freezer and the starchy golden smell is starting to waft toward me from the kitchen. I did have to laugh a little when I was reading the directions on the bag. Oven ready at 450, I started arranging the frozen nuggets on the cookie sheet as I was scanning the bag for the cooking time.

I almost laughed out loud, my friends, when (under the baking times) I saw the following options -- pan fry or deep fry. Really? They are already Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Tater Tots -- need we add more grease and fat to these suckers?

It made me think -- can something as yummy as Tater Tots be EVEN BETTER than it already is? I don't own a deep fryer nor do I feel like pan frying -- but I digress....can good be even better? Yes - it can.

Our love can grow, our life can improve, our outlook can change -- we can all do better and be better each day.

Even those who once doubted true love can find it (Breezy) -- but not only find it, be blown away by it.

That's life -- it never fails to surprise us. And hey, even Tater Tots have options.

Can you improve on perfection? Maybe you can. What I do know is Tater Tots are good and so is life.

Here's to seeing you on the Half Full side more often. Off to eat my Tots ;)

No comments: