Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pregnancy is the New Thin.

That was a tank-top I recently saw in Motherhood and I couldn't agree more. Yes, readers (if there are any out there), my blogs are now going to consist of the goods, the bads and the super ugly of being prego!

So, let's start with the good shall we? Since, I've only experience a handful of sick days and the rest have been not too shabby.

  • First off-my skin has never looked so clean and clear, that whole pregnancy glow is true-so luckily for me, my skin is really liking all these extra hormones and I'm really loving my skin these days-I wear minimal make-up (not like I wore a lot), but a few moments in the sun, gives me that perfect sun kissed glow, so I'm welcoming summer with open pores!
  • Secondly, my girls have always been more than average and although I never wanted to draw attention to them before-the shape that they're now taking-no doctor could emulate and if you have one that could, pass the number, cuz you know what kids do to the girls.
  • Next, God bless whomever invented, discovered, the Belly Band! This is really, the pregnant women's (and even post-pregnancy) best-friend. Especially in this economy where ever penny counts-I have yet to buy maternity pants and with the Belly Band, I don't plan on it. One of my sister-in-laws swears by it and the other one has already shared her old maternity clothes with me. Extra savings for the baby-maybe we can afford college now :)
  • Exercise has never been second-guessed (and neither has a craving)-my beau is working out more (I think it's because he doesn't want to gain the typical father 15), which forces me to walk my 5 miles a day and my legs are getting more shapely than when I was training.
  • A softer side of me has come through-hormones definitely win some mood swing battles, but my patience level and compassion has stepped up and I really like this side of me-I think there was so much before that I was bitter about (check out earlier posts to get the scoop), that now that I have practically everything (still wanting an Audi and a house), that there isn't much (or anything at all) to be bitter about. Except for my annoying neighbors, which I'm trying a more patient and understanding approach to.
  • I've never had too much in common with my mom (except for attitude, fashion sense and facial expressions), but it's nice to know that the symptoms I'm going through, she also went through. And I'm sure once the Cubican is here, there will be just that much more to relate (and disagree) on.
  • Food isn't a problem (and even my brother who is my trainer, told me not to worry about what I eat), but I haven't had those typical (myths) cravings of ice cream with pickles or french fries with chocolate-but being a rather healthy eater-vegetables and fruit with all their water content seems to fill my plate these days. Which might be another reason why I love walking/exercising and my skin looks great.

Well, those were just a few perks of being pregnant-like I mentioned-I'm sure there is bad and ugly to come (especially during delivery, since I'm going au naturale), so stay tuned.

Happy Blogging!

No comments: